With concerns about flooding, Dare schools decision expected soon

By on September 9, 2019

(Mark Jurkowitz)

Dare County School officials say they will make a decision on whether schools will operate on a normal schedule on Tuesday at around 6 p.m. on Monday. The school notice cited concerns about flooded roads. This morning’s rainstorms left dangerous amounts of standing water in a number of spots including the Beach Road and Colington Road, which is the feeder road for the First Flight school complex. Here is the scene around noon on Monday near the entrance to Colington Harbour.

Recent posts in this category

Recent posts in this category

Comments are closed.