Hundreds gather and march in Nags Head against gun violence

By on March 24, 2018

previous arrow
next arrow
ArrowArrow
Slider
(Photos by Kip Tabb and Sam Walker)

Several hundred people, young and old, gathered Saturday afternoon, then walked along U.S. 158 in Nags Head carrying signs and chanting slogans as part of protests taking place nationwide against gun violence.

Dubbed the Outer Banks March For Our Lives Rally for Safe Schools, the rally and walk, organizers said, was to show solidarity with Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., where 17 students and staff died in a mass shooting last month.

The event at Dowdy Park was highlighted by speeches from students at First Flight and Manteo high schools who organized gatherings at their schools on March 14, the one-month anniversary of the Parkland shootings.

Video courtesy of Ben Sproul/Pivot Visuals

Speakers included Nags Head Mayor Pro-Tem Susie Walters, David Morris, minister at the Unitarian Universalist Church Church in Kitty Hawk, Watson Harvey from Manteo and Tyler Love of First Flight.

But it was Arabella Saunders, editor of the First Flight school newspaper, who drew the most enthusiastic reactions.

“I am standing here today because I am a senior in high school and I should be worrying about buying a prom dress or studying for my next stats quiz,” said Saunders.

“Instead I sit in class and worry about where I would run and hide if there was an active shooter in our halls, about who I would text my first goodbyes to, about whether or not I would be brave enough to step in front of one of my classmates or teachers.”

Arabella Saunders. (Sam Walker)

Saunders said she was hesitant at last week’s walkout to call for the changes she feels need to happen because of potential backlash from the community and her peers.

But she said planning and participating in the walkout motivated her to no longer be afraid to use her voice.

“This is about guns!” Saunders said, before listing reforms that were repeated at rallies across the nation on Saturday.

“Digitize gun-sales records, mandate universal background checks, close gun-show loopholes, ban high-capacity magazines, push for a comprehensive assault weapons ban with an extensive buyback system, advocate for increased support for those struggling with a mental health condition,” Saunders said.

She challenged those in attendance to be more active in calling for reforms and engaging their elected representatives.

Saunders also derided U.S. senators Richard Burr and Thom Tillis for accepting sizable campaign contributions from the National Rifle Association, and state Rep. Beverly Boswell for calling students at a central North Carolina charter school “Tide Pod eaters”.

“To anyone who resorts to belittling those advocating for positive change,” Saunders said. “Revolution is a wave, and if you’re not going to ride it, I suggest you swim back to shore and get the hell out of our way.”

Comments

• Cathie

I was there. These young people are inspiring! Thanks for covering this important event in our community.

Saturday, Mar 24 @ 8:13 pm
  • Charlie

Outraged by the mere fact that marches such as these across the country have to be made…
    Unabashed pride in the young citizens here and across the country leading the way.

Saturday, Mar 24 @ 8:16 pm
  • Taxpayerz

“If you are for gun control, then you’re not against guns, because the guns will be needed to disarm people. You’ll need to go around, pass laws, and shoot people who resist, kick in doors, and throw people in jail, and so on; rip up families, just to take away guns. So it’s not that you’re anti-gun, because […] you’ll need the police’s guns to take away other people’s guns, so you’re very pro-gun, you just believe that only the government (which is of course so reliable, honest, moral, virtuous, and forward-thinking) should be allowed to have guns. So there’s no such thing as gun control, there’s only centralizing gun ownership in the hands of a small political elite and their minions. Gun control is a misnomer.” — Stefan Molyneux

Saturday, Mar 24 @ 9:03 pm
  • Chelsea

So proud to be part of this community.

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 7:41 am
  • Joe

While I am glad to see young people expressing their views through a peaceful organized way, I am disappointed that our nations young people are being manipulated into making this an anti gun movement. If you read all the information that cake out of the Florida shooting it was a systems failure on multiple levels. The individual needed help long before he obtained the firearm, yet all the cries for help from people who knew him went unanswered. Law enforcement had been to his house multiple times, school officials had raised concerns through proper channels, community members raised concerns, yet nothing was done. I firmly believe the two issues leading up to all of these mass shooting is a lack of mental Heath care and a lack of values starting at home. I see young people today disrespecting teachers, their parents, public officials and their parents encourage them to do so because “ they are expressing themselves” how can you respect yourself or life if your constantly disrespecting others. I am in my mid 50s and have owned firearms since I was a very young man and never thought of using them against another in an attack. My parents didn’t raise me to think that was OK. I would have been terrified of the police and then the beating I would have gotten at home to even consider it. Society has created this problem and it not the fault of the tool. I have no problem raising the age to purchase a firearm to 21, because I don’t think the young people today are as mature as they were 30-40 years ago. But if you believe that 21 is the age that they are mature enough to own a firearm that that should also be the age they are mature enough to be drafted, vote, buy alcohol AND tobacco and decide their gender. All those decisions are just as impactful to their lives as buying a firearm.

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 8:13 am
  • Manteobxr

These children are being trained. They cannot vote, buy alcohol, buy guns, or most ammunition! They are being used as pawns by the gun grab lobby. How do they gain credibility as advocates for any reform, of laws that are not applicable them?
    Whom are their puppeteers?

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 8:57 am
  • Bob Welch

Looks like there are a lot of smart folks on “my islands”. 🙂 I am truly inspired by all the young people and others who turned out yesterday in such large numbers on the NC Outer Banks and all across the USA (including here in northwest OH where my wife and I now reside) to demand real action from our government leaders and representatives in response to all the gun violence in our country. It is my pray and hope that such real action will finally begin to take place.

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 10:20 am
  • dan

Congrats to these young people for getting involved. Its appalling that there are more restrictions on buying a lottery ticket than on buying a gun. ANYONE can go buy a gun at a gun show. Watch the clip below. A 13 year old goes to several convenient stores where he tries to buy a lottery ticket, beer and cigarettes. Of course he is turned away by clerks who are appalled. Then he goes to a gun show where he buys a gun on his own with no adult present. Convicted felons can also buy assault weapons at these gun shows. And call me crazy but I think if someone goes online and threatens a school they shouldn’t be allowed to buy a gun, they should be put on a list. The NRA fights these common sense reforms that 90% of Americans want. The NRA has also gone to war with the American Academy of Pediatrics. Gun shots are one of the number one killers of kids in this country. The Academy of Pediatrics wants to educate kids and their families during check ups on gun safety. The NRA went after them for trying to protect kids. When you declare war on pediatricians its time to take stock of what you’re doing. The NRA has 4 million members. Thats less than %2 of the American population, time to stand for our right not to be shot. They do not represent what Americans want.

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 11:03 am
  • Jon

Taxpayerz, that’s not really true, government has lots of tools.

For example, they could pass a law that homeowners’ insurance companies have unlimited liability for all injuries caused by firearms. Rates for firearm owners would go up a lot, to the point that many people would have to choose between paying their insurance or owning the firearm. The homeowner wouldn’t be able to obtain or maintain a mortgage without insurance, and most people can’t buy a house without a mortgage.

Or the government could remove the firearms industries’ exemption from liability for injuries, which would cause prices to go up quite a lot to cover the legal costs.

Or the government could impose a heavy tax on firearms and ammunition.

If a business attempted to resist any of these measures, the government could simply remove that business’ access to the banking system. If a bank resisted, the government could remove that bank’s access to the Federal Reserve system. Without that, there is no secure fractional reserve banking, which means that bank can’t safely lend any money, so it goes out of business.

No violent coercion by the government required, just a few entries on electronic ledgers is enough to make the average person’s life miserable.

Don’t assume that I support or oppose any particular measure on firearms control, but if you think it’s you vs. a government agent physically trying to seize your weapons . . . no it’s not.

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 12:02 pm
  • David

I just hope this leads to more young people voting. Nothing changes until we change our representatives, especially in the OBX.

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 12:25 pm
  • Anna

SO ironic that the Unitarian/ Universalist Church supports taking away guns from citizens. the founders of this country belonged to the either unitarian or universalist churches and were adament about citizens right to bear arms against a tyrannical government.
    YOU LIBTARDS ARE USING CHILDREN TO TRY AND DISARM US just like HITLER did. “The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people”
    -Hitler-
    LIBTURDS, Get off this peninsula and take your burlesque brunches and drag queen dinners with you, you perverts!

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 1:42 pm
  • Greg

Those who bring the absurd paranoid scenarios of police breaking down doors to take guns away are ridiculous. It is about common sense gun laws. 30 day Waiting periods with complete background checks and a banning of assault weapons and large capacity clips. These things would help greatly. One could still own a gun, just not a weapon that kills many in seconds. The rest of the free world has recognized this. This still leaves the pistol problem. These are the guns that kill the most, both accidentally and intentionally

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 1:58 pm
  • Taxpayerz

@Jon: It’s interesting that none of the protestors is making your argument. The follow on economic effects of these actions could be unpredictable and could create quite a volatile economic environment… for everybody, including the anti- privately held gun lobby. That being said, making someone’s life economically “miserable” is a far cry from disarming them. Some may comply with “nudges” like “extensive buybacks” or even “mandatory buybacks.” Some will not and, as we know, in today’s world it’s “comply or die.” So don’t kid yourself. The next stop is the scenario I described and no doubt, some anti-privately owned gun folks will cheer as their beloved gov’t slaughters their ideological opponents that they now label criminals and terrorists… with guns. So, aside from being an internet debating pro who hedges his opinions with hypotheticals, where do really you stand?

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 2:01 pm
  • Me

There is no such thing as a gun show loop hole, the guy who sold the young boy the little single shot 22 broke the law, there are laws against underage gun sales and If you’ve ever been to a gun show, then you know you aren’t walking out with something that is regulated if purchasing from a person who follows the laws that are already in place. Assault rifles were banned a long time ago. AR does not mean “assault rifle” and it is only a brand/model like “Chevrolet cavalier” There is virtually no gun violence in the OBX except every now and then someone using a gun to defend himself from a burglary. Banning HC mag’s is ridiculous, folks will just carry more stock capacity mags and at the speed some folks are trained to swap mags out capacity isn’t relevant as to a means of controlling fire rate. How many of the school shootings were carried out by someone old enough to have purchased the gun? How many school shootings, robberies, assaults, etc have been stopped by law abiding citizens with guns? A little research is all it takes to realize that its a culture problem, not a gun problem. Instead of adding laws restricting the rights of law abiding citizens, pass “more” that impose restrictions on the culture(s) that are the problem. Oh no, that might infringe on someones 1st amendment some how and seem like stereotyping and might hurt someones feelings… When all the toilet licking, bug spray smoking, tide pod eating mis-educated youth hit the voter booths this country is going to be a joke to the rest of the world more so than it is now. With gun deaths being one of least numerous in the country, I think we should focus on other issues instead of just politically fueled government

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 2:34 pm
  • Lisa

I was proud to be a part of this march!! AMAZED at these kids who are literally changing the world! We are standing beside you!!

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 3:14 pm
  • Manteoer

I’m for everything those kids stand for. Personally I’m a gun owner. I’m tired of the media as well. Children are being killed in schools and that is not supposed to happen.
    I’m sad to say all of this because it’s terrible. WHEN ARE THE PEOPLE GOING TO STAND UP LIKE THIS DEMANDING ACTION ON THE OPIOIDS THESE PHARMASUDICAL COMPANY’S ARE THRIVING ON AT THESE PEOPLE’S EXPENSE. .Both topic are uncomprehensible to me we have to do something about both. Now

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 4:14 pm
  • Floyd

Communist Youth March!!!

Do not support communism!!

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 5:03 pm
  • Hollywood

Australia rocks.

Sunday, Mar 25 @ 9:26 pm
  • Dave Hall

#fake news strikes again. So sad too see young kids kids being exploded by the gun control communist. Way to go guys ! Awesome job of trying to give away your rights ! Dumb kids being controlled by dumb people !

Monday, Mar 26 @ 4:22 am
  • dave

WOW…I mean just WOW!! Did some of you folks actually attend a high school history class? Seriously, do you people check your bushes everyday to see if some terrorist and/or boogeyman is lying wait to gitcha? Maybe gonna take all your gunzz? Lol! Do some generic google searches and enlighten yourselves. To the people who grunt out “communism”; I’ll bet you don’t even know the definition of communism. Forget requiring an ID to vote; how about being able to demonstrate that you passed History 101 and 102 even at the two year college level to vote. Just WOW!!

Monday, Mar 26 @ 8:10 am
  • dave

Anna: Google a comparison of the Tea/Trump Party and Hitler (fascist) party ideas and you will be surprised to see that they almost mirror each other. One of the first things that occurs is the defamation of the media. Now guess who is defaming the media…Fake News! I’ll give you one guess!

Monday, Mar 26 @ 8:16 am
  • goldwater conservative

11 children a day are killed while texting and driving. If anyone out there cares about childrens lives they will march to raise the legal age to own a cell phone to 21. This is not about saving lives.

Monday, Mar 26 @ 8:24 am
  • AR 4567

I think I will spend some money today…please don’t cry.

Monday, Mar 26 @ 9:03 am
  • Anna

The Outer Banks Voice is VERY Libtarded. They will delete this just like they deleted my other comments. These children do not know what they are doing except following their libturd teachers and parents.

Monday, Mar 26 @ 12:18 pm
  • Anna

Dave: you are a cancer to this country. Go to Denmark and join a cult.

Monday, Mar 26 @ 12:19 pm
  • Anna

I have video of 5 touring buses silently sneaking down byrd st. arriving at 3am to the Hilton hotel carrying these “dare county school children”. The jig is up, you sneaky snakes. I am doing my own investigating.

Monday, Mar 26 @ 12:44 pm
  • dave

Anna, did you not refill your prescription? Lol! Why were you out and about at 3 am sleuthing around taking video? Are you some sort of conspiracy stalker? Lol! AND, just how does a bus “snake”? Lol!

Monday, Mar 26 @ 2:03 pm
  • dave

I am literally laughing at how a bus “silently sneaks” into town! LOL!

Monday, Mar 26 @ 2:05 pm
  • dave

Anna, its OBVIOUS that you didn’t pay attention to you “lib***d teachers. WOW!!

Monday, Mar 26 @ 2:07 pm
  • Just Beachy

I want to see Anna’s video! How were you in the right place at the right time (3am!) to catch these sneaky tour busses?

Monday, Mar 26 @ 3:13 pm
  • Floyd

Anna

Post the videos to obx locals 2 Facebook page.

Monday, Mar 26 @ 5:22 pm
  • Lance Manly

Hi Anna,

Were there aliens/reptilians busing them in? Or was it just the usual actors from the “Deep State”?

Monday, Mar 26 @ 6:11 pm
  • WombatNC

@anna
    You’re uneducated on the intention of the march and very delusional!
    I was at the rally and there were no people bussed in. I’ve lived here for 17 years and know the people who were there. They were not “outsiders” and I have proof because I also have video of the actual march – not your delusional make-believe world in which you live. Those were college kids on spring break and they weren’t there.
    I know it’s hard for your miniscule brain to grasp, but many of these kids and their families, and community members are very concerned about the ease of mentally ill people obtaining a gun in this country. The fact that the NRA opposes any and all legislation making it harder for these types people to get guns sickens those who joined me in Nags Head and across the country on Saturday. Call me a libtard, a snowflake or whatever else makes you feel superior and warm and fuzzy about yourself, but when it comes down to it, right is right and dumb is dumb.
    I own guns and enjoy my 2nd amendment rights, however, this movement isn’t about taking your guns away – it’s about sensible gun control!

Monday, Mar 26 @ 7:36 pm
  • Anna

They are caught. That’s why such a big response.

Monday, Mar 26 @ 8:15 pm
  • Floyd

Wombat

Your view represents a small minority on the Outer Banks. The problem lies when people like you “think” that you know what is best for others. Nothing matters to you than your narrow point of view.

The “March” was a feeble attempt to falsely imply that more people here adhere to your fallible ideals.

Monday, Mar 26 @ 10:21 pm
  • Really?

Just like the plastic bags, guns are not going anywhere. Cry little snowflakes.

Monday, Mar 26 @ 11:34 pm
  • Wilhelm

Look at these libturds using kids to try and get what they want. Pretending like teachers had nothing to do with this, as if kids would want to be involved with this bullcrap on their day off. Im a father of two kids that go to that school and I dont recognize any of those “local kids” in those pics. Some are claiming they were paid protesters bussed in from elsewhere.

You libturds never cared about kids otherwise you wouldn’t abort them en masse or stick them in victim disarmament zones all day. Lets say what this really is; it isnt about guns, its about still being butthurt over losing the election. Why else would you clowns promote “muh russian conspiracy” for a year and a half? Get a job you lazy worthless libturds, and stay away from my kids!

This comment has been banned off of this liberal rag five times now because those butthurt beta male soy boys cant stand dissenting opinions or free speech. They want to take our speech away just like they want to take our right to protect ourselves.

Tuesday, Mar 27 @ 5:30 am
  • dave

Wilhelm Klink I presume? Sounds like Anna, Floyd, Wilhelm and some others are projecting. They are definitely jealous of these kids because these kids have waaaay more intellectual resources and educational background then they could ever hope to have. What color is your kool aid today? Btw, I know “projecting” is a big word for you folks, so I would suggest you google it.

Tuesday, Mar 27 @ 8:34 am
  • dave

Floyd: 97% of Americans want background checks. 80% want to raise the age to 21. 70% want to ban assault type weapons. 82% want private sale/gun show background checks. 80% want mandatory waiting period. 80% want bump stocks banned. ETC. No, it is you who are in the minority.

Tuesday, Mar 27 @ 8:39 am
  • kayfabe58

A virtue signaling generation tends to run it’s mouth for the sake of “seeming to be forthright”. Who really accepts a 17 year old’s opinion without the caveat of: “Inexperienced bravado creates rose colored views of the world”?…Oops I mean other than THESE highly evolved, socially conscious, teens…

Tuesday, Mar 27 @ 9:48 am
  • Wayne

LOL!!!!!!! You can’t make this up.
    Busing in 5 bus loads of fake local kids,
    Sneaking down Byrd St. and video of that.
    Someone knows all the local kids and that wasn’t them.
    Kids wouldn’t take their day off for this.
    Libturds, Hitler, abortions, cell phones, etc……

A few things I would like to say,
    A kid would take their day off for this if they are concerned about dying at school. Mine did. My kids want to go to school without fear of dying, they don’t want to walk into a room and have to plot their exit strategy. My kids said, they want to go to school like I did, with the only fear being if you have your homework done or not. Don’t some of you get it? How can we ask our children to live like this? They don’t want your 2A, they want to be safe!
    I am a gun owner and hunter and I have no fear of the Govt. taking my guns but we could do a better job. Those that do fear the Govt. taking their guns, you’re watching too much TV.
    Also, I want to see that busing video, LOL!!!! Sneaking up Byrd St, come on, Byrd St? Sneaking up a block and a half of a straight road and at 3am. LOL!!
    I also want to know how many of these replies are really the same person.
    Thanks for the laughs Anna, “they are caught” LOL!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, Mar 27 @ 3:55 pm
  • Floyd

Dave

Your stats are a joke. Probably from the Brady Campaign or Cnn. Totally false and intentialy misleading. No one is falling for the lies any longer.

This is what the March was really about. https://www.yahoo.com/news/retired-supreme-court-justice-john-142723996.html?bcmt=1

Tuesday, Mar 27 @ 4:48 pm
  • Wayne

Floyd,
    Yeah that’s what it’s all about, a soon to be 98 year old retired Supreme Court Justice who wrote a piece on the repeal of 2A. Give me a break. It’s about kids wanting to go to school without the fear of dying. You really need to stay off Yahoo.com and the likes. I know it might be hard, but think of the kids sometime.

Tuesday, Mar 27 @ 6:58 pm
  • WombatNC

@Wilhelm,
    Have you met Anna yet? The two of would be perfect for one another. Romantic evenings would consist of hanging in the bunker, counting rations, cleaning guns and watching FAUX news; and maybe even sneaking around streets at 3:00am looking for shadows.
    The reason you don’t recognize any of those kids is because they like to hang with similar free-thinking kids, not closed-minded lemmings who drink the Kool-Aid you’re feeding them.
    @Floyd,
    Trying to reason/respond with/to your ignorance is not possible; discussing any gun control laws (just like the NRA’s stance) is unapproachable with any of you.
    Your interpretation of a “narrow point of view” is laughable, based on your posts.
    PS – there were no busses filled with marchers here on the OBX; maybe you should join the shadow hunt with crazy Anna & Wilhelm

Tuesday, Mar 27 @ 8:54 pm
  • Floyd

Wayne

Move to Cuba! You can have as many rights taken away as you want!

USA!!

Wednesday, Mar 28 @ 7:53 am
  • Floyd

Wombat

You are easily influenced by a false narrative created for the weak minded.

It’s sad that someone can so blindly believe what the Communist propaganda machine is churning out.

You will not be successful in repealing the 2nd amendment!

Wednesday, Mar 28 @ 8:21 am
  • dave

Floyd, you are the Projector in Chief here. LOL! Step away from the Fox channel and/or Info Wars and do a generic google search and attempt to think for yourself in as open minded way as you can. You don’t even know what a communist is. Your “understanding” of the 2nd amendment is pathetic at best. NO Amendment is absolute. Look up Heller vs Washington. Scalia even stated this. Nobody is taking anyones gunzz away. Quit sounding like an uniformed, uneducated conspiracy “person”. Btw, my “stats” are CORRECT! It is YOU that is pumping out FAKE NEWS! Sad.

Wednesday, Mar 28 @ 10:57 am
  • WombatNC

@Floyd
    If you read my first post; it says nothing about repealing the 2nd amendment and that I own guns and enjoy those rights.
    What I had stated earlier (and the main message of the march) was that laws should be passed to make it harder for people with mental illnesses to obtain a gun; especially an assault style weapon; oh, maybe that’s why your nervous and so concerned – hahaha. The other main concern of the marchers, in addition to making schools safer, was to try to raise the age of obtaining a AR-15 or similar type weapon to 21 years old, which I also agree with. That’s it! Yes, there are some out there talking repeal, but there are also crazies out there who feel they can carry their assault rifle with them anywhere they want. It’s all about common sense.

Senator Bill Cook and his cohorts in the General Assembly introduced legislation a year or two ago that actually made it easier for mentally-ill people to get guns – it basically took the decision making out of the hands of a qualified psychiatrist and let judges with little or no experience in that field make those decisions. WHY?!!

Wednesday, Mar 28 @ 11:14 am
  • Geodog

I will not even address what these folks were rallying about. But good for all of us that we live in a country where people CAN do this!!

For those who think that most of these teenagers in these photos were “bused in” – well sorry to disappoint you but I have a child a FFH who was there AND I recognize nearly all of the teenagers!!!! They are OUR children and they are scared to be at school yet they are show the courage to speak out!!! GOOD FOR THEM!!!

Grow-up – IT is time for some REAL change!!!! And just so you know I have been a “conservative” my entire adult life!! There are only 10 rules that are inherently unchangeable. ALL others are subject to discussion!!

Wednesday, Mar 28 @ 1:57 pm
  • Wayne

Floyd,
    What does Cuba have to do with any of this?
    Your reply does say a lot about you though. Some friendly advice, it might be time for you to drop out of this subject.

Anna, I seriously want to see that video.

Wednesday, Mar 28 @ 3:21 pm
  • Floyd

Dave

Your stats are completely bogus. I know it, you know and everyone else knows it. No one believes those lies any longer. It’s a joke and anyone with common sense can see right through BS. At this point it’s completely laughable. Stop being a lunatic. If that’s possible.

Wombat

You are easy prey to the communist propaganda. Wake up. It has nothing to do with gun control. It’s people control.

Geodog
    If you had a child at the march then you are a failure as a parent. I feel sorry for your snowflake children. One day they are in for a rude awake about real life.

Wayne
    Cuba is a short trip. I’m sure you can defect and live the rest of your days in Communist paradise. It definately you who should out with your relentless babbling.

Wednesday, Mar 28 @ 8:11 pm
  • Ivy

Hello OBX Voice! 15 year old FFH student, KDH resident, “libt*rd,” here! I was in attendance of this march, in fact, I joined my peers on the front lines. To address the concern that us children who marched were bused in from elsewhere, I hate to break it to you, but we were in fact DCS students. There were maybe three young people I did not recognize; the rest were my beloved peers from FFH and FFM. I am proud to have exercised my first amendment right and I would like to assure you folks that I and many other fighters for reform do not intent to revoke your second amendment rights! I can also assure you that I have been brainwashed by no one. I am perfectly capable of forming my own opinions and take pride in them. I am no one’s puppet.

Wednesday, Mar 28 @ 8:58 pm
  • Tide Pod Eater

Hey Floyd, what’s up buddy! SO just to let you know I am one of those children who attended the march, and man I had so much fun with my fellow LOCAL classmates whom which I recognized every single one of. And you know, I got thinking…do you find satisfaction in being completely rude and obnoxious towards others when engaging in what is supposed to be civil discourse? Because from the look of it, I think you do. Also, your call out about how us students are snowflakes for speaking up about oh I don’t know, common sense gun regulation in a way where no one’s rights were in fact infringed upon because as you know, the second amendment states, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” I would just like to point out a specific detail in the wording that our great founding fathers wrote when creating this right every american deserves: WELL REGULATED. This means that in fact, common sense gun regulation is actually constitutional! Yay!!! Go George Washington, America rules! Now, do I think that all assault weapons should be illegal or that the government should, “take everyone’s guns away?” Absolutely not! That would be in fact, unconstitutional and should never happen. BUT, I do think there are necessary steps required in acquiring firearms that are not present at the moment. And hey, maybe I’m wrong…I am just some tide pod eater after all.

Wednesday, Mar 28 @ 9:08 pm
  • dave

Floyd’s essential response: “I’m not the puppet, you’re the puppet.” LOL! AND, its very obvious that you don’t have a BS, BA, AS, or HS diploma. Do you take your Vitamin P(aranoid) today?

Thursday, Mar 29 @ 8:09 am
  • dave

*Did*

Thursday, Mar 29 @ 8:11 am
  • Floyd

Tie pod eater.

“Well regulated” means to take care of said firearms. It does not mean to be controlled by the government.

Once again you have been lied to and do not have the sense to objectively read a simple passage from the amendment.

If the current laws were enforced these discussions would not even be necessary. You will fail at erasing the 2nd Amendment!

Thursday, Mar 29 @ 9:39 am
  • The Prophet

It’s me the big scary libturd, I’m here to bring in crisis actors and destroy all the guns on the OBX. We will clone hybrid of Hillary Clinton, Obama, and our secret reptilian overlord that will reign over this country for millennia. We will destroy traditional family values fear us. Your children will be converted to transgender muslims.

Thursday, Mar 29 @ 11:17 am
  • AR 4567

Lets raise the driving age to 21 for teens..from “NHTSA”.
    In 2015, 2,333 teens in the United States ages 16–19 were killed and 235,845 were treated in emergency departments for injuries suffered in motor vehicle crashes. That means that six teens ages 16–19 died every day from motor vehicle injuries.

Nearly 1,300 American children are killed by guns every year, according to a new analysis by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) published in the journal Pediatrics. And many of these deaths are suicides rather than murders or accidents—about 38% of them, in fact.

Thursday, Mar 29 @ 11:17 am
  • dave

Hey Floyd, did you get your gunzz back after Obama took them? LOL!

Thursday, Mar 29 @ 4:15 pm