Multiple gunshots hit house in Kill Devil Hills

By on September 16, 2013

At least five bullets hit the house. (Kill Devil Hills Police Department)

At least five bullets hit the house. (KDH Police Department)

A home in Kill Devil Hills was hit by gunfire early Monday morning, with two bullets striking a wall in an occupied bedroom.

Police say the incident happened at 213 Burns Drive around 12:30 a.m., when residents heard what they thought were fireworks.

According to a police statement, the residents discovered bullet holes in the outside walls and the door leading into the downstairs living area around 6:26 a.m.

At least five struck the home, with two traveling through a door and interior wall into a downstairs bedroom. Another bullet hit a vehicle parked in the driveway.

The incident is still under investigation, and police would not say what evidence they had collected or identify a motive for the shooting.

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Acumen

September 19, 2013 6:09 pm

I will help and translate for everyone who went to and finished school (Public or Private).

yuto is trying to relay the following:

*Nags header, get over yourself. You probably didn’t even grow up down here. Especially for the kids coming up now, all that is going around are drugs and alcohol. Summer is fun, yes. But the winter? Kids don’t know how to occupy their minds yet, so they do dumb crap. So you need to lay off, considering you do not know exactly how it works.*

With that said, get your kids off of the internet and/or Xbox. Get your kids outside playing in the dirt, making tree forts, tag and other kid type stuff. Get them into sports or hobbies. A busy kid having fun is not a bored kid looking for trouble. For the sake of humanity, get them off of the anti-depressants, teach right and wrong, discipline them and stop letting those other people medicate growing up.

yuto

September 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Nags header… get over yurself.. you probley didn’t even grow up down here.. and expecialy the kids coming up now… that’s all that’s going around is drugs and alcohol … summer is fun .. yeah…. winter ,kids don’t kno how to occupie there minds yet soo they do dumb crap soo you need lay off considering you don’t kno exaclty how it works…

NagsHeader

September 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Always the predictable “There are no outlets for people and nothing to do” & ” nothing for the kids to do for fun here at the beach”.
You’ve got to be kidding me!?
This place is paradise & has endless opportunities for recreation, fun, & dare I say the “W” word… work.
Makes me wonder who the folks are repeatedly parroting those lines… but alas they always do it anonymously.
Just a hunch from experience, but I’d place my bet on the core of the problem stemming from deadbeat, lazy do nothing, negative parents.
Nothing to do here positive at the beach?
Suuure yer right!/rolls eyes

buglady

September 17, 2013 9:57 am

I am an elderly widow and recently purchased a shotgun…..it’s next to my bed in easy reach!

fedupvet

September 17, 2013 5:49 am

Have no fear.I think I saw a Patty Wagon in KDH the other day.I have no idea what they plan on doing with it,but obviously that feel that they need one.Who are they planning on collecting? Illegals,gang members,or,us?

Stirs

September 16, 2013 10:36 pm

I really don’t think the drinking has increased on the Outer Banks. It’s always been like this. As far as the shooting, well there has always been a lot of that too, just not at people or houses. I really think it has a lot to do with people’s attitudes toward guns. Take away the mystery and let them see for themselves the damage guns can do when used irresponsibly. Put hunters safety back in school.

Lorri Chambers

September 16, 2013 9:26 pm

No this behaviour has always been here we just finally have a news source that will report it….thank Outer Banks Voice

KHer

September 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Someone was shooting a gun in my neighborhood in KH yesterday. Not a shotgun. But, hey. It’s Kitty Hawk.

rstdrtluv

September 16, 2013 8:39 pm

This is the reason I moved….that beach is going downhill fast. There are no outlets for people and nothing to do. The increase in violence, drugs and drinking has been unfathomable.

aarnold514

September 16, 2013 7:09 pm

We honestly cannot believe that people have nothing better to do then try to destroy someone else’s property. Some neighborhood kids in First Street area are always kicking or breaking our solar lights- dumping out our rain barrel- throwing firecrackers (my husband is 40 year VET and has PTSD so it truly upsets him when that happens!) They need to do something- maybe their parents could watch them instead of them roaming the neighborhoods looking for mischief!! Then if you turn them in they “get even” again. And the other issues we have is people “curbing” their dogs in our yard. If I wanted dog poop in my yard I would get a dog- one woman when asked not to- told us “why don’t you call the police on me?” No wonder these kids feel entitled to do whatever they chose!!!

Really

September 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Awesome this is what the OBX is turning to, keep it classy

Vballer

September 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Geez! What is this place becoming??

B Schmidt

September 16, 2013 4:51 pm

I heard it too and thought it was fireworks – looked out the window but didn’t see anything…however, it was no later than 10:00 to 10:30 last night (Sunday night).