By Sam Walker on February 23, 2013
Two people escaped from the blaze that was reported around 12:30 p.m. in the 3900 block of Ivy Lane.
Kitty Hawk Fire Chief Lowell Spivey said the cause is believed to have been an accidental electrical problem on the front porch.
The injured firefighter suffered a shoulder injury while lifting a hose and was transported to The Outer Banks Hospital, according to Spivey.
Crews from Colington, Duck, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head and Southern Shores also responded to the two-alarm fire that was brought under control in about one hour.